Thursday, November 19, 2009

Working with a spoon

Leah has always been a great eater. I can think of only a handful of times that I thought she might not take another bite at a meal. The problem with her eating times though is that Darcey and I can rarely be productive because we are usually active participants in the meal.

I know that it sounds odd that we would try to do other things while Leah eats dinner, but with my work schedule and Darcey's classes, we have very little time to do those normal family activities like catching up with each other, making dinner, eating, and whatever else "normal" families do in the evenings.

So at a recent dinner I gave Leah the spoon in an effort to reclaim some of those few precious moments at the end of the day. Now the problem with most of the food toddlers eat is that they are soupy, runny, drippy, messy, saucy…you name it. This of course led to hilarious results.

They were also surprisingly productive. Check it out.

-Sefton


2 comments:

  1. Are you trying to make her left-handed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching you with her---Sefton!! You are so patient and she seems to learn very quickly!!!! oh--her great-grandmother was a lefty
    Gramma D.

    ReplyDelete