Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Two Leahs

Last week we finally did something we have been trying to get done for a long while. Darcey, Leah and I packed up and headed for eastern North Carolina for a short vacation that we mainly took to introduce Leah to her namesake. My grandmother Anna Leah Ipock, or Oma, cooked lunch and invited several family members over for the afternoon. We had a great time and the two Leahs were happy to meet each other. Leah performed all of the tricks she has learned so far and couldn't have been happier as the center of attention. As we were leaving we passed Leah around to say goodbye and as Oma said bid farewell Leah grabbed her face and kissed her cheek. It was wonderful.

The trip also served as a battery recharge for Darcey and me. I think Darcey took as many naps as Leah did. Dad and Barbara were great hosts and actually overfed us. One night we gorged ourselves on oysters and shrimp. They also babysat Leah and Daisy one night so Darcey and I could go out for (gasp) a dinner out.

Although the weather was a bit chilly and the wind was gusty, we did sit outside a bit and looked out over Bogue Sound. This little spot of the world is very special to my family. Dad and Barbara bought a little place down there after retiring and have been very generous with it. I hope that as Leah grows older she will find the spot as beautiful and peaceful as all of the other Ipocks that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment