Saturday, March 21, 2009

Superwoman

So it's been a while since I updated this blog and I can only tell you that I was sick the last week and the illness kept me in bed for the better part of my two days off. There was a time in my life where 48 hours in bed with a television and an assortment of ice cream treats would have been about the best thing I could think of. But these days it's hard for me to be unproductive, especially when I see all that Darcey does on her "days off".

When I come home from work on the weekend the house is clean, the laundry fairy has come, the bed is made, the week's meals have been planned and the groceries have been bought. Leah is happy, fed, bathed and sometimes already put down for the night. Darcey usually finds time to do schoolwork too.

I've been amazed with everything that she gets done and often wondered how she does it all. Then I came home for lunch today and peeked behind the curtain.

Apparently Leah is not as much of a burden when it comes to all of the housework as I had thought. In fact, Darcey has apparently developed a system to include her in some of the chores. Lets just hope that Leah has as much fun cleaning when she is a teenager as she does now.

-Sefton

No comments:

Post a Comment