Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mohawks and Honeybuns

We are having so much fun already in 2012.


Leah, Luke and I, had a fun adventure the first week in January as Sefton was down in Miami for five whole days. I managed well and actually learned ways to make life a little easier on all of us after he returned. We do out best to keep the TV on minimally, and with all of the toys the kids received from generous family members, and Santa, they have a lot to distract them. Now, this does not mean that I can avoid the conversation on the way home from school where Leah asks if we can watch Diego. (Her talking is quite constant, and I guess my mom would point out, pay back is a b#&%$. )


Sefton brought home a fun snack from the Orange Bowl this year, and Leah had the opportunity to eat her first Honeybun. It is funny to watch her eat sugar, because it is like it hits her blood stream almost instantly. She flys off of the kitchen chair and literally starts tearing around the house. Never less, she is a child, and snacks and treats all need to be in moderation.


This second picture of Leah is from her 80's day at school just before New Years. She is wearing leg warmers She is laying down in the elevator, which I told her we can't do when other people are around or they will think we are weird, but we are on our way to her second floor classroom. For some reason she has been unwilling to have her hair up in pony tails, so we take what we can get, and the headband keeps her hair out of her eyes.


Luke is having a ball, and turns 9 months at the end of this month. In the last 3 weeks he has started crawling, all but slowly. He makes this funny motion where he is on his belly and puts his butt in the air and walks his feet towards his hands, its like he really wants to walk instead. I know that it will not be long and the two of them will be chasing each other around my house, with Daisy not far behind.

These last pictures did not impress Sefton. He thought it was sick that I would put gel in my baby's hair... I think its adorable. :) I've said all along that I would have a piggy tailed little girl and a preppy little mohawk boy... well mission accomplished.


One last thing, when it turns to January in South Carolina, I can't help but look forward to spring even though, winter seems to have just begun. Time in the back yard with Leah's new Nerf football will make this summer and spring full of fun. I hope this finds you as happy and healthy as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment