Monday, December 5, 2011

All bundled up and ready for tubes. :(

So the winter season is upon the Southerners... it normally hits us the week after Thanksgiving. My leaves come down all in one dump the week before Thanksgiving, I spend Thanksgiving week raking them up, then the next week it's time to start decorating. The temperatures here are a mild 55-65, but when we leave for school in the morning it is usually in the 40's. With all of that being said, Luke is still sick. He has had one ear infection after another since mid October. In seven weeks, we are on our third (two doubles and a single.) I am not sure that the antibiotics ever took, the poor fella is still holding his ear today, and he has been on medicine already for 7 days.


We were referred to our local Ear Nose and Throat Doctor last Thursday, and after one look in his ears she was ready to do surgery. TUBES for us. Now you know Sefton and I are a bit on the relaxed side in regards to medical intervention, and I was a little nervous about this until I myself met with the Dr. She was so sure after she looked, and now after seeing him not getting better on this last round, I too know that it's the right thing to do. Funny though, you'd never even know that he is sick. He laughs and smiles all day, and when he gets hungry he let's us know. When that happens Leah usually runs over to him and starts singing at the top of her lungs, normally row row row your boat, or wheels on the bus, to try and make him stop. Most of the time it works, sometimes however if you call between 5 and 8, you'll catch a bit of that scene.


The big day is tomorrow, so I will let you all know how it goes, but I expect it all to go off with out a hitch. They say the procedure takes just 15 minutes, and don't worry his little lungs are as good as new after our NICU experience.



I've included below a little picture of the little ones all bundled up. Thanks to Nama, they have lots of handmade mittens and hats.


Love to all,


The Ipocks

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck. It will all be fine. Better now than when I got my FIRST ear tube at 35 years old. They don't knock out the adults. :-)

    ReplyDelete