Monday, September 6, 2010

The big girl

Leah turned 2 last week and for some strange reason that means she is a big girl. The last two years seem like they went by in the blink of an eye and the past few months have gone by even quicker. Her development, both mentally and physically, has skyrocketed and her understanding of the world seems to expand more everyday.

The big girl transformation has come with a few adjustments on our part. We rearranged her room to make it less of a nursery. Gone are the changing table and mobile. In is the play kitchen. The baby toys are packed away in the attic as is the baby monitor. We are trading in rattles for crayons. The car seat has been replaced with a booster chair. We count to ten and say the alphabet. We sing together.

In our foyer is a picture I took of Leah the day she was born. She entered this world with what we call skidmarks; little abrasions on her head from the trauma of birth. Now her face gets marks from falling down while chasing Daisy through the backyard.

Two years old. I fear that the next time I blink I will be walking her down the aisle.

-Sefton

1 comment:

  1. You have NO idea how much I love reading about Leah on this blog---I don't always comment but I always find time to read them!! Love and kisses to all of you!!!! Gramma

    ReplyDelete