Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Going Potty


It has begun.

We bought Leah a *potty* last week because she has shown interest in our using the bathroom. It has been a bit of a challenge when she wonders in while I'm in there because I have to kind of fend her off with one hand so she doesn't reach into the stream.

If that all works out, we wave goodbye to the *tinkle* as the toilet is flushed.

*Tinkle*. That's the word we've settled on. It's strange using words like that because we don't want to use baby words with Leah but none of the alternatives seem like very good options. *Potty* is the other new word in our vocabulary and it is starting to grow on me.

We have noticed for a while that Leah will *tinkle* as we draw her a bath. I'm sure it's the running water that is making her go and I find it interesting that the human reaction to urinate from the noise could be biological instead of learned. Anyway, Darcey and I thought the best time to start *potty* training would be just before we put her in the bath. We get her undressed, turn the water on, and ask if she needs to go *potty*. She already understands the concept and sits down on her own. We let her stay there for a while but there is yet to be any *tinkle* in the *potty* before we put her in the bath.

There is however *tinkle* in the bath after the *potty*.

-Sefton

4 comments:

  1. too cute! what a great photo. i really enjoy reading your posts. they ALWAYS make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.. what a perspective, and how fantastic to have it recorded. I love you, and thank you Sefton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love the mix of photos and words. It makes me feel closer to you guys and more a part of Leah's growth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laugh!!!! She so looks like she's concentrating!! LOL Gramma

    ReplyDelete